Many insurance policies do not cover marital therapy. Please be sure to check with your insurance company to find out what your coverage allows.
Reprinted by permission from the ICEEFT Newsletter: The EFT Community News, 9th ISSUE, Spring 2011
Pat LaDouceur, Ph.D., L.M.F.T. Berkeley, California
Veronica Kallos-Lilly, Ph.D., R.Psych.
Strengths of Emotionally Focused Therapy
• EFT is based on clear understandings of relationship distress supported by 20 years of
• EFT is collaborative and respectful of clients
• Change strategies and interventions are specified.
• EFT has been successfully applied to many different kinds of problems and populations.
• Proven to be effective and long-lasting in 70+% of cases
Family and Relationship Services