Family and Relationship Services
Reprinted by permission from the ICEEFT Newsletter: The EFT Community News, 9th ISSUE, Spring 2011
Pat LaDouceur, Ph.D., L.M.F.T. Berkeley, California
Veronica Kallos-Lilly, Ph.D., R.Psych.
Strengths of Emotionally Focused Therapy
• EFT is based on clear understandings of relationship distress supported by 20 years of
• EFT is collaborative and respectful of clients
• Change strategies and interventions are specified.
• EFT has been successfully applied to many different kinds of problems and populations.
• Proven to be effective and long-lasting in 70+% of cases
Many insurance policies do not cover marital therapy. Please be sure to check with your insurance company to find out what your coverage allows.